Date: September 6, 2022 12:11:12 PM UTC
Are you looking for your next level in Information Technology? Are you a highly motivated professional looking for an exciting opportunity with room for growth at a company with an amazing culture? This opportunity is for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serves as a technology lead for information systems, assists with strategic planning and works closely with members of the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations as SBG continues to enhance its support services and build capacity.
● Provide hands-on operational support, and direct and manage external vendors to produce IT deliverables by researching, recommending, and implementing strategies for enhancements in response to organizational needs.
● Ensures that the information infrastructure and support delivery system needs are operational and strategic goals/objectives are met. Leads the agency in implementing policies and practices that ensure data and systems are secure, including working with others to define and enforce security guidelines.
● Manages technologies to achieve maximum functionality, access, and security, including network infrastructure, telephone/communications, merchant services, desktop and mobile solutions, surveillance systems, and all desktop, enterprise, and externally hosted applications.
● Perform infrastructure capacity planning, management, and implement recommendations.
● Maintains and test an effective disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
● Develops, implements, and maintains IT policies and technology acquisition guidelines, standards, and operational procedures, including but not limited to data security, internal controls, and regulatory and compliance requirements.
● Support business initiatives with data aggregation and manipulation for business intelligence tools sets.
● Ability to lead technical discovery calls and understand IT hardware/software conversations to move discussion forward and document properly.
● Monitor networking equipment and servers.
● Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
● Monitor web performance, network availability, and security.
● Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
● Respond and evaluate to IT issues, hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
● Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
● Set up equipment for new users.
● Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
● Perform data backups.
● Install and update network system improvements as needed.
● Assist with servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
● Support current initiatives and projects of the company as a whole.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● University degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
● 5+ years of IT project management experience.
● Must have three (3) years in a System Administrator position.
● Prior experience with purchase orders and budgeting of IT project items
● Experience providing support for user/administration on the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and related tools.
● Must have a minimum of ten (10) years progressive IT experience demonstrating advanced practical and professional knowledge of the skills in the following:
○ Designing and managing a secured, complex, enterprise level networked environment with equal experience trouble-shooting network, desktop, mobile and end-user problems.
○ Developing and managing a help/service desk function; and,
○ Supporting enterprise systems, including server hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection and experience with high availability networks and replicated disaster recovery architectures.
● Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into non-technical language.
● Must be a self-starter/team/goal-oriented player with high energy level and emotional intelligence who is a multi-tasker comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
● Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
This job has physical requirements such as: sedentary work, occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered as needed to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here is not an exhaustive list but are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to varied temperatures due to occasionally working in an office without air conditioning. In addition, the employee may be exposed to minimal noise and dust.
The duties, demands and environment listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Location: Lincoln, England, United Kingdom, GB
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience Requirements: 3 Year