Date: September 12, 2022 2:13:15 PM UTC
We are looking for a smart Principal Software Engineer that focuses on backend development!
Are you looking for your next level in Information Technology in a fully remote setting? Are you a highly motivated professional looking for an exciting opportunity with room for growth at a company with an amazing culture? This opportunity may be for you!
No sponsorship – East Coast preferred!
The Software Engineer, Principal Back End, specializes in producing, maintaining, and improving quality and performance of code, while serving as an SME and mentoring and guiding the team. The person serves as a technical subject matter expert for the team, solving high level, complex back-end issues related to architecture, security/authentication, and performance with the ability to assess relational impact of the team’s output to other teams. The position also possesses the ability to influence team direction and outcomes without direct supervisory authority. You must be able to work with a team to create robust, maintainable, and scalable software architectures that meet or exceed business requirements. The position works closely with the Principal Architect and Research and Development Manager to ensure the stability and future of our products.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related with 10+ years of experience in software
development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
● Strong communication skills, ability to present multiple approaches for solving problems, willingness to pair program and tutor junior programmers.
● Advanced knowledge of SQL Server queries, stored procedures, indexes and tuning, .NET, C#, ASP.NET (Core), OAuth/OpenID Connect flows for authentication/authorization, HTTP protocol including headers, verbs, content types, media types, bearer tokens, etc., and source control (GIT).
● Broad experience designing, programming, implementing, and maintaining databases.
● Experience with Webpack, Babel, and WebAPI.
● Proficiency using ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core 2.2+ using C#, .NET MVC and SaaS application structures and methodologies.
● Experience working with Agile development technologies.
● Experience with source control branching strategies and best practices.
● Experience with agile/scrum management tools such as Jira.
● Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
● Ability to establish and enforce technical standards across all applications in the product suite.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and time management skills .
● Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties including
asking for help/direction when needed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
● Authors new applications and application features.
● Works through assigned issues in Jira and communicates questions/blockers/suggestions in a timely
and clear manner to other members of the team.
● Identifies bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
● Designs, develops, modifies, implements, and supports software components anywhere in the
● Determines root cause for the most complex software issues and develops practical, efficient, and
permanent technical solutions.
● Ensures the best possible quality and performance across various server configurations and high data volume.
● Cooperates and collaborates with front-end developers and quality assurance engineers.
● Assists in sprint planning and estimation by researching and advising on technical approach to new features.
● Provides appropriate internal technical documentation for new features and fixes as part of
completing the issue to equip and support QA.
● Helps maintain code quality, organization, and patterns by establishing best practices and patterns for models, classes, etc.
● Follows and enforces best practices through peer code review patterns, practices and conventions established in existing code.
● Remains current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluates and makes
recommendations as necessary.
● Determines process improvements, best practices, and develops new processes.
● Mentors less experienced developers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice,
coaching, and training opportunities.
● Attends and actively participates in sprint stand-up and code review meetings.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
participating in professional societies.
● Sets/Drives/Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
● Performs other duties not otherwise listed as required by the company.
Location: South Carolina, United States, US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience Requirements: 4 Year