Date: March 13, 2023 3:07:41 PM UTC
With a team of nine board-certified or board-eligible neurosurgeons, our practice in neurosurgery is one of the biggest on the east coast. Our team is proficient in providing both surgical and non-surgical treatments for a diverse range of neurological disorders that involve the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves. Our services include but are not restricted to addressing brain tumors, spinal injuries, strokes, epilepsy, congenital abnormalities, concussions, neck and lower back pain, as well as pituitary tumors.
Our surgeons strive to provide a comprehensive range of treatment options with a compassionate approach, aiming to help patients with neurosurgical conditions regain their quality of life.
Our practice has earned a reputation for delivering exceptional patient care, largely attributed to the expertise of our surgeons and the supportive team members who work alongside them. These qualities reflect our surgical partners’ core values, which include:
- Empathy: Providing compassionate care that is tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
- Teamwork: Recognizing and valuing the contributions of each team member in building a healthy and supportive environment.
- Integrity: Upholding the highest standards of ethics, safety, honesty, and trust.
- Innovation: Committed to advancing the knowledge and treatment of neurosurgical conditions.
- Quality: Striving to deliver the best possible patient outcomes through dedication, professionalism, and expertise.
About the Role:
The Medical Billing Director is responsible for managing the billing and collections team, establishing productivity standards, and developing and monitoring key performance indicators. The individual also designs and implements policies and procedures, maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements, and serves as a subject-matter expert on medical billing and CMS.
Additionally, the role ensures appropriate communication with leadership, clinic staff, and payers, and provides leadership and motivation to the team while supporting other areas of the organization as requested.
- Oversee the billing and collections team by managing all aspects, including hiring, onboarding, training, assigning work, assessing performance, and recognizing/rewarding excellence.
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and implement policies, procedures, and workflow improvements related to billing and collections processes.
- Set productivity standards for each position within the business office and establish a tracking and reporting system to evaluate individual and overall performance.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators, including payer mix, days in A/R, collection rates, adjustments, bad debt write-off, estimated collections, appeal success rates, and other requested parameters.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of revenue cycle and regulatory requirements for governmental, managed care, and commercial payers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements associated with medical billing and CMS.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to target revenue recovery across the organization by identifying charge capture, coding, and reimbursement problems, and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Monitor aged accounts to ensure proper collections procedures are being followed.
- Provide leadership, communication, and motivation while supervising day-to-day functions.
- Maintain effective communication with leadership, physician owners, clinic staff, third-party payers, and patients.
- Provide support to other areas of the Institute as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- 6-10+ years of experience in healthcare billing and collections.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience managing a team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- AAPC Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Work effectively under pressure.
Metrics for Success:
- Collection rates
- Monthly collections
- Days in A/R
Company:The Methodical Group
Location: Savannah, Georgia, United States, US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience Requirements: 4 Year