Date: March 13, 2023 2:46:36 PM UTC
With a team of nine board-certified or board-eligible neurosurgeons, our practice in neurosurgery is one of the biggest on the east coast. Our team is proficient in providing both surgical and non-surgical treatments for a diverse range of neurological disorders that involve the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves. Our services include but are not restricted to addressing brain tumors, spinal injuries, strokes, epilepsy, congenital abnormalities, concussions, neck and lower back pain, as well as pituitary tumors.
Our surgeons strive to provide a comprehensive range of treatment options with a compassionate approach, aiming to help patients with neurosurgical conditions regain their quality of life.
Our practice has earned a reputation for delivering exceptional patient care, largely attributed to the expertise of our surgeons and the supportive team members who work alongside them. These qualities reflect our surgical partners’ core values, which include:
- Empathy: Providing compassionate care that is tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
- Teamwork: Recognizing and valuing the contributions of each team member in building a healthy and supportive environment.
- Integrity: Upholding the highest standards of ethics, safety, honesty, and trust.
- Innovation: Committed to advancing the knowledge and treatment of neurosurgical conditions.
- Quality: Striving to deliver the best possible patient outcomes through dedication, professionalism, and expertise.
About the Role:
The role involves performing daily tests, assisting with setting up and cleaning the instrument room, sterilizing instruments, assisting surgeons during procedures, maintaining equipment and supplies, documenting processes, and ensuring compliance with safety guidelines. The individual must also report any issues or hazards, attend meetings and drills, and contribute to a positive work environment. Additionally, they may assist in other areas of the institute as needed.
- Daily tasks: Conduct Bowie Dick and Tosi Test in the instrument room upon arrival, soak, wash, sterilize and prepare all instruments according to policy, and ensure availability and safety of instruments needed for the next day before departure.
- Operating room duties: Assist the circulator in opening sterile supplies needed for surgeries, anticipate the surgeon’s needs during procedures, scrub for assigned procedures, pass instruments, and assist the surgeon or extender to complete the surgery.
- Cleanliness and safety: Assist in the cleanup of rooms between procedures and at the end of schedule, keep work areas clean and organized to ensure patient safety and effective infection control, inspect equipment for proper working conditions, and report any unusual occurrences, breaks in technique, malfunctioning equipment, or potential hazards.
- Administrative duties: Document processes to demonstrate compliance with regulatory and safety guidelines, maintain and update surgeons’ preference cards as needed, attend required meetings and actively participate in committees or staff drills as requested.
- Teamwork and flexibility: Contribute to a positive work climate and overall team efforts, and provide flexibility by helping in other areas of the Institute such as the Pain Suite, Clinics, and Imaging Center.
- 2 years of experience as a surgical technician or technologist
- BLS Certified
- Completion of a surgical scrub tech course
- High School Diploma or GED
- ORT certification
- ACLS certification
- Experience in nuerosurgery or spine service line
- Possess excellent time management skills, able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the principles of aseptic technique to maintain a sterile environment in operating/procedure rooms.
- Have knowledge of prescribed operating/procedure room practices to ensure compliance with regulatory and safety guidelines.
- Exhibit proficiency in using MS Office and patient management software to manage patient information effectively.
Company:The Methodical Group
Location: Savannah, Georgia, United States, US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience Requirements: 3 Year